I had a lot of fun with this project! It’s very easy and an inexpensive way to spruce up your home for the holidays.
Gold leaf kit
Pine needles/ evergreen foliage
1. Gather your supplies. This doesn’t take much gold leaf at all! I got a very cheap glass and candle from the Christmas Tree Shops.
2. Paint on the adhesive where you’d like to apply the gold leaf. Wait until it has dried somewhat but is still tacky to apply the gold leaf.
3. Press on the gold leaf and rub.
4. Carefully peal off the gold leaf.
5. Get your pine needles out!
6. Insert the needles between the candle and the glass, distributing evenly all around.
7. Seal the gold leaf.
You are all done! Light and enjoy. I made two of these and I love them!